View Single Post

Old 01-31-2020, 11:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Please don't tell me THAT was your take home message from my post. I don't think of you as stupid, and the problem with internet medicine is usually the content and the way it is presented, not with the person trying to research a topic. Heck, I've had University professors in a variety of fields with PhD's, engineers and lawyers as patients who did their own internet research and have come away with horrendous conclusions, and none of them are "stupid" I have submitted content to Web MD several times, and the way in which it has been edited resulted in loss of accuracy and meaning.

Why would you take the post personally? You know that my advice for years has been to skip the internet and see a qualified health care professional. No matter how many hours a person spends on the internet, it is hard to compare with years of education and experience. It's also extremely difficult to diagnose anything remotely

So bottom line, I was not criticizing you, but making the general warning about internet medical sites. If that offended you, I apologize.

I appreciate the response. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Classy Boomer