View Single Post

Old 02-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
As I understand this complex thread, no American flag was on the flag pole in question. There was a flag on top that was maybe a confederate flag or a team flag, but some flag that the OP thought was a confederate flag. And below that some political flag. Left, right, not stated that I saw.

I had a great great grandfather and a great grandfather who fought in the civil war for the North. So not a fan of the confederate flag.

However they have a first amendment right to fly both those flags as long as no American flag is involved or if it was, the American flag is above the other two. A lot of really good people died to give them that right. So if it offends you to bad. We have taken "the politically correct" thing to do or say to the point of being absurd. It's their flag, their flag pole, and from what I can read here they have not dishonored the American flag so drop it.
However they have a first amendment right to fly both those flags as long as no American flag is involved or if it was, the American flag is above the other two.

This is the answer. Simple. It is the first time I've ever seen two flags on a 30 foot Flag Pole and The American Flag wasn't one of them and at the top.

I agree the thread did get complicated because I answered posts by others that have been deleted. Simple question, simple answer. Thank You. I believe you but don't really like the answer but Thank You. It is what it is. I've been told Google is my friend but couldn't find the info you supplied online.