View Single Post

Old 02-01-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean62 View Post
Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker on here as my wife and I have been planning on where we will move when we retire. We just finished our second lifestyle visit this week. We found a house we like and are currently in the final decision process on if we want to buy now or wait to purchase after we retire. If we buy now we would not move down full time until we retire in January 2021. Since we are not selling our current home yet, we will need a mortgage which we will pay off once we sell our home in Ohio when we are retired. I know you have to close within 30 days or pay a penalty so selecting a mortgage company that can close within the 30-day timeframe is important. I saw some posts in prior threads that it is helpful to use a mortgage company/bank that has experience with working with the Villages. My wife can get a good rate with her credit union at work, but we are concerned with the 30 day close requirement. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use to get a mortgage at a competitive rate with low closing costs that can close within 30 days? Thanks!
Whereabouts in Ohio? I'm from Akron.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages