View Single Post

Old 02-01-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I think it is admirable that you have not only taken the time to suggest that the OP see a professional, but you also took the time to provide a link that when the OP meets with their professional...they might actually have facts to ask specific questions.

I am totally baffled why some folks seem to be allergic to facts, doing research or providing links pointing such out. Particularly since you were not trying to diagnose the OP, nor suggesting that they diagnose themselves from the internet...you were simply providing additional information.

It just seems weird to me.
Normally I might agree with you, but you may be proceeding from a false assumption, and a common one: If it's on the internet IT MUST BE TRUE. I would be very cautious about assuming I was getting "facts" and "information" from the internet, especially medical sites. It may be true that other sites on specific areas have poor information as well, but I don't have the expertise in those areas to judge. My only point was that internet medical sites have tons of false and misleading information, so always consult a professional. Sadly, even the sites that give you a "list of questions" to ask can be way off the mark.