View Single Post

Old 02-01-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I believe it all has to do with which govt agency provides local infrastructure services to 'enclave properties'. I often see a report of the annexation of one or more properties in town/county meeting minutes.

Here's a PDF re the boundaries of Interlocal Service within Lake County/Town of Lady Lake [et al] https://www.lakecountyfl.gov/pdfs/Co...dyLakeISBA.pdf

Though an older proposed ordinance document the end pages do show the map of the enclave streets as of the time the ordinance was drawn - likely to have changed a bit by now.

Actual Info can probably best be obtained from Jim Richards who I believe lives on the historic side and still sits on the Lady Lake board of town commissioners.

Hoe this helps.
I think I'm beginning to piece this together. The FL statute (sec.171.46) reflects the intent of the state to eliminate "enclave areas" because they are a source of confusion and are not an efficient way for a locality to deliver services. It also describes the manner in which localities may accomplish this.

In this particular case there is the county, the town, and the VCCDD. The town seeks to have the enclave areas incorporated into their jurisdiction by annexation. The three parties must agree on how this is done. Specifically, who will provide what during and after the transition. The legislature has given the localities great latitude on how to accomplish this.

The map shows the affected enclave areas. This is where I am a bit lost. Does the map reflect the "enclaves" as of 2013, or is it up to date, or is it partially updated?

How did some homes on some streets become part of the enclave, and have houses on either side of them that are not included?