View Single Post

Old 02-02-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

Agree, Lowel’s. Just went through this process so I have details. Go to the Millworks department and talk to a representative. They will set up a detail visit to your home where an installer will come to your home and spec out the job. The detail costs $35 and comes off the installation cost if you have them do the work. The installer will send a report with the specifications back to the millworks department. You will then meet again with the millworks representative and go over you slider options. Once you pick a slider and pay for it there is about a 35 day lead time for them to order your new slider. You will set up an installation date sometime after the 35 day order period. The basic installation costs $600 less the $35 detail fee, plus any extras that need to be done such as interior trim. There is also a fee for a permit for the job, which varies by county and costed me $160 in Sumter County. The contractor that does the detail is also the installer. Lowel’s carries an inexpensive house brand slider by ReliaBilt that in my opinion is too cheap to justify the hassle and installation cost. They also carry Pella sliders at various price points. Their Therma Star line of Pella sliders are built exclusively for Lowel’s, but the quality is not the same as other Pella sliders because they are built to achieve a lower price point. We went with a Pella 350 series Vinyl slider, which is the same quality slider you would get from a lumberyard that is a certified Pella distributor. The 350 series is a very good quality product that comes standard with bearing rollers, with several options available. We got ours with between the glass blinds, a sliding screen door and a sun guard glass upgrade. We are very happy with it. Hope this helps.