Thread: Meteorite?
View Single Post

Old 02-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markam View Post
While trimming my shrubs the other day, I found where a small, 'stone like' object had gone thru the screen and broken the outside layer of one of my thermopane windows. It dropped to the bottom of the window, between the screen and remaining layer of glass where it remains. It is about 1/4 the size of a golf ball.

I don't have any landscaping stone on my property. Nor does it appear to be a like any landscaping stone on any of my surrounding neighbors' property so I doubt if it would have been propelled by a lawn mower.

While the idea of it actually being a meteorite seems a little 'far-fetched', it does seem plausible. So, I'm trying to get in contact with a Villager who might be able to tell if it is a meteorite or not. If you can help, please send a PM to me.

Thanks.
Lawn edger's and weed eaters are notorious for slinging rocks, chipping curbs etc. It may well not be from your lawn but another close by. I once had the back window of my car completely shattered by an edger doing work on a busy street. I thought I had been shot at it made such a noise. I would post a photo of the object and get some feedback.