View Single Post

Old 02-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have a 75 inch, 4K, UHD, HDR Sony television. I also have an Xfinity 4K cable box and an 4K dvd player. But, I have never been able to see the difference in picture quality when watching shows and movies in 4K. I have also tried watching 4K content directly from wifi streaming and have even paid extra to rent movies in 4K. But, I usually end up changing my cable box setting back to the 1080P HD setting because it fills up the screen better. I am going to try to watch the Super Bowl today in 4K, but I am not very optimistic that the picture will be better than my past experiences.
I agree retiredguy, I look at TV's all the time because I'm in the market for a little bigger TV. I look at the Samsung Q's & it's hard to see a whole lot of difference for the price, sometimes a couple of thousand dollars. I've got a cheap DYNEX TV & it's been trouble free for 9 yrs. now. & it's got a great picture. Just can't believe that some people really think they have to spend 3, 4 or $5,000. & try to make people think they have the clearest picture that money can buy. How in the world did we ever get through childhood with a RCA picture tube TV that sometimes was snowy, picture rolled & only had 5 or 6 channels. Nobody ever complained about clarity & we paid 2 or $300. dollars for a TV then. Good comment, retiredguy!