Thread: Newer Sections
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I live here so am a little biased but here is what I like. The entire area is peaceful with lots of open spaces, water, marshlands, nature trails, and wildlife. Abundance of pools including family pools for when children visit, we have all of the amenities that are available north of 44 and some that are unique to this area such as the Putt and Play and the Pitch and Putt courses, we have 3 great recreation centers, Fenney, Linden, and Everglades, Fenney also has the Bar & Grille. For those wanting championship golf, it is being developed on the east side of the Turnpike south of Warm Springs. We are less than 5 miles from Brownwood and two typical villages Plazas, 15 minutes to the Leesburg Hospital, 10 minutes to the new Villages Emergency Center on 44, easy access to the Turnpike and I-75. As far as the Turnpike noise, that affects parts of only 3 of the villages down here, it is not heard in Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, western Linden and western Monarch Grove. I'm sure there is more that I like about being here but there are still some things we are waiting for, specifically, Magnolia Plaza, retail shopping, and connectivity by golf car all of which are in the works.
if your friends love animals & wildlife, the newer areas are the place to be. we have all kinds of critters up here in our nature preserves, i can spend all day over on the fenney trails. yes, we have to go aprox 4-5miles to get to stores, etc., but it wasn't a deal breaker for us @ all. GOOD LUCK~!