» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 07:27 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 7,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,049 Times in 815 Posts

Originally Posted by mwyckoff View Post
Our patio has several terraced areas using railroad timbers 9x7" which are rotten and need to be replaced. Would greatly appreciate thoughts/recommendations on companies that may supply, remove the old, and install the new timbers. Thanks all.
IMHO, I would consider using stacked wall blocks to replace the timbers, and then you could use probably any of the local landscape companies. Do not be surprised if there is a charge for getting rid of the old RR ties. These are sometimes considered hazardous waste due to the creosote. Have the new stacked wall sealed and you are good to go.
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.