View Single Post

Old 02-05-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
1. So what???? Please show me a locality where the taxpayers do not pay for roads and infrastructure owned by the county. And what does a jointly owned hunting lodge have to do with anything, except maybe jealousy of their success

2. So how did you think the county was going to pay for all the new infrastructure?

3. I'm not sure a 4th town square was a quid pro quo in this deal, but again so what. Isn't it benefit to those newly developed areas south of route 44?

4. Business Parks and commercial developments add to the tax base. Again, you are hooked up on the concept of the "ultra rich"

5. So the Morse family is rich. So what? They were successful developers with a great concept that has earned them a great deal of money. That's what they do. They DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Better yet, why don't you put the time and effort into developing an even better community than The Villages and you too could be a billionaire

6. This just sounds like more class warfare babbling. Apparently you object to the county making deals that will improve infrastructure and bring new business to Sumter because they are making the deals with the "ultra rich". Here's a news flash---people receiving social services are not going to build an industrial park, or a shopping center, or the next Villages. Or would you be happier if the county raised taxes to give it away to "the poor".
You missed my point! Up until July 2018 the developers paid for roads on the land they owned...now that cost has been transferred to the taxpayer. I own an international multi million dollar medical company so I am not jealous of people making money!