View Single Post

Old 02-06-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post
Please reread my post. I never stated that I have made millions! I was replying to someone that attacked me about hating rich people.

People speak about Sumter County not having tax increases for many years. With adding over 60,000 homes to the county taxpayers role there was never a need! With the estimated 65,000 new homes to be built in the near future south of CR44 why did the commissioners increase tax rates. Maybe many of us can clearly afford to pay the increase...BUT is it fair for all the poor people living outside TV in Sumter County to pay for TV infrastructure...this is a big deal.

It just seems since the untimely death of Gary Morse, who was a great visionary, the rules have changed!

Someone here has stated if I had a problem with what the commissioners were doing I should have become involved! I did try to get involved like many other villagers but we where locked out from the commissioners meeting at Rohan Rec center.

I love living in the Villages! It is time to open our eyes and minds that we fully know how the rules are changing! That was the main purpose of my post!
Well, I apologize. That wasn't the message I got from the OP.
I'm sure you realize that the contractors for the infrastructure get paid now, the 60,000 homes start paying tax later. Very possible that in the future tax rates will decrease, just as they have in the past