View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 10:51 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
I'm surprised they are going after golf cars when automobiles are cruising at 45 up and down morse, bv, and warm springs all day long.

I can't say I don't push it myself but, personally, I remember "don't do the crime if you can't do the time"
Yes, especially some of the vendors with huge trucks and some pulling trailers speeding through neighborhoods. Very dangerous.

There is a difference though with golf cart speeding. When you speed a little in a car it is already licensed, insured, and has a lot of safety equipment. Golf carts are not licensed, many are not insured (which is just stupid), and have very little safety equipment. That’s because they are built with the idea that they won’t be exceeding about 18mph (even though the speed limit is 20). So when you speed in a golf cart you are risking a lot and endangering others who are not.

On another note, I have a street legal LSV cart and it can do 25 tops, maybe 27 downhill. The extra cost IS NOT worth it here. I do not feel safe when driving it on the streets and end up just keeping to the golf cart lanes and 20mph anyway. Once in a while I’ll take a round-about to save time going out of the way to the tunnels, but I am nervous as heck the whole time. When I have taken the streets, the amount of time I save is very little, and in some cases it takes longer! When I do 25-27 on the golf cart paths (which could still get me a speeding ticket) I also don’t really save that much time, may a minute or two at most on the farthest drives. So 1) do not waste your money on street legal here, and 2) keep to 20mph, there is NO reason to speed. It saves you little and risks tickets, injury, or worse.