View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you don't think it's dangerous, try slamming on your brakes going 20 mph, like you may have to do sometime to avoid an accident. I think that will change your mind.
or come down the golf cart bridge from Spanish Springs into the Paradise rec park area, without slowing down for the tree at the bend. At 20mph? No way. You will either hit the tree and catapult into the dog park lot, or you will tip over right after the tree and be crushed by your cart.

Golf carts are not designed to go past 15mph. They can tip more easily than cars, and most don't have doors to protect the driver. Even with seatbelts, there is risk. A good driver can easily go 18-20 but the vehicle isn't designed for it.

My cart can top 20mph, I tested it one day on a straight-away and it got to 21.3 (I have a speedometer). It's too loud at that speed, and I have no "need" to ever go that fast, so I keep it usually around 18mph except at turns and on the golf cart bridge - when I reduce it to around 12-13mph. That thing is scary!