View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,686 Times in 972 Posts

When I first got here a few years ago I was very nervous on the roundabouts. At one point someone blared the horn at me. I'm sure I was doing something wrong. Not sure what it was, at the time.
I'm used to them now, and know what I'm doing, but I am very careful about other drivers, knowing that some of them are certainly as clueless as I was a few years ago.
I was having this conversation with my wife just the other day, chauffeuring her and a friend, when on a roundabout I noticed a car in the outside lane ( I had the inside lane as I was going to take the third exit) looking a bit uncertain. When it came to the exit it should have taken, it didn't, meaning that I was lined up for my exit from the inside lane, and it was to my right in the outside lane and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to take the exit. I was right. I had slowed down so it could get ahead of me, and sure enough, it proceeded to take another lap around the track. I exited behind it.
The point being, a bit of patience and understanding is important. Most villagers were newbies once upon a time. Things go more smoothly and safely if we remember that and aren't impatient drivers. Especially on the roundabouts.