View Single Post

Old 02-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,508 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
I've been here for many years and I've never once have I had an issue with a driver of a golf cart going too fast...never. However, those of you that think 18mph is fast enough because you've personally decided that's as fast as you are comfortable driving do in fact cause a lot of problems. If you look in your rear-view mirror and see a line of 3 or more golf carts - pull over and let them by (and don't come post here thinking that everyone behind you is driving a corvette inspired golf cart).

I may have allowed the 5 extra minutes as some say to accommodate the 20mph speed limit but I didn't allow the 10+ extra minutes to follow behind someone going 18mph and 5mph around a turn that was designed for 15mph. Just because "you" are not comfortable driving a golf cart at 18mph doesn't mean the rest of us aren't comfortable driving a golf cart at 20mph.
Golf carts are not ALLOWED to exceed 20mph even if they can, even in an area where the speed limit is 25, if their cart is not street legal. Most carts are not street legal. Most carts can't go 20MPH unless they've been modified - they usually come with a top speed of 18mph.

Rental golf carts are set at 16mph max.

If you want to behave like speedy gonzalez and that extra 2mph is a deal-breaker for you, then street-legalize your golf cart and drive in the main traffic lane - and get off the golf cart paths entirely.