View Single Post

Old 02-08-2020, 08:29 PM

Hi there TJL,
I am a Registered nurse and used to work in a special procedures unit at one time and we saw a lot of this sort of thing. A question for you first do you or have you ever smoked? If the answer is yes, then what we have found in the past is that there can be plaque build up in your veins and arteries. This comes from a history of smoking. This causes pain when you walk for a distance. It is called claudication. Lake medical imaging can do an ultrasound of that area and it may give them a starting point. I am not suggesting you go to LMI, but that is who is in our hospital. We would then do what is called a runoff. That is where they inject dye into your vein and they take pictures of your body as the dye flows through your vessels. If you want more information, I can try to guide you in the right direction. Hope this helps I have over twenty eight years of experience in the medical field and so am familiar with a lot of things. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLAMPHERE View Post
I am having an issue with pain in my leg. It starts above my knee, then radiates around to the back of my thigh and up into my buttocks. The pain is very intense. It only comes on when I walk a fair distance or do anything strenuous, like golf. But I don't know where to start? See a general Family Practioner? I do think I need an MRI to see if it shows anything. Any thoughts on where to start??? And the name of a good Doctor that would see me??? Thanks.