View Single Post

Old 02-08-2020, 11:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
I recorded the electricity used to charge my cart in 2013/2014 each week for 52 weeks and 4,710 miles. This was a ParCar with 1 year old batteries when I started recording, they were 8 x 6v Trojans. I still have the spreadsheet for this.

At that time electricity cost was 11.615 cents per kWh and my cost to charge was 2.269 cents per mile.

The amortized battery cost over almost 5 years (the life of those batteries and about 22,000 miles) was about 3.6 cents per mile. My usage went to about 5,200 per year and the cart was used every day and charged every day.

The total cost for charging and battery purchase was just less that 6 cents per mile.

So, on average over the year, it took .1964 kWh of electricity per mile to charge - I haven’t looked up the current cost for electricity but it’s probably not a lot more.
Dam, I am a gas cart guy, but I sure do relate to someone like me that puts everything in a spreadsheet and tracks statistics. I have spreadsheets that record every round of golf I have played in the last 25 years, every lap I have swam in the last ten years, every scuba dive I have done in my life, and every other thing important to me. Keep up the good work : )