View Single Post

Old 02-09-2020, 12:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,929 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpasm View Post
I moved here in 2011, bought in early 2012, bought a used 2008 Club Car electric w/4 12 volt batteries for 4K, modified it to use 8 6-volt batteries for better distance, and have replaced those batteries twice, once very recently. So I've got about 7K into my cart. Many of my neighbors have already replaced the new gas carts they bought for 12K in 2012 with another 12K gas cart...and they still insist that gas carts are cheaper to run!

I have been stranded by a bad battery once. I've been stranded twice on golf courses by gas carts that ran out of gas while we were playing golf.

My garage doesn't stink, and I don't stink up golf cart tunnels.

More importantly, my cart just goes when I hit the gas pedal, it doesn't hesitate like a gas cart. And it doesn't sound or smell like a gas cart...

One advantage I have is a central location, Lopez and Belle Glade are the same distance from my house. If I lived on one edge of the Villages or the other, I might consider a gas cart, otherwise there is no comparison in my opinion. I would gladly pay more for the benefits of an electric cart. I have yet to see or ride in any gas cart that I would trade mine for straight-up. I've never understood the insistence of the overwhelming majority that a gas cart is sooo superior...they're not!
You should take class in how To maintain and drive gas golf cart if you buy gas cart. Who goes out on golf course with empty tank on gas cart? You’re garage does smell, the smell of batteries charging. And yes I’ve had both.