View Single Post

Old 02-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUFAN View Post
IT is aggravating and is to the point it involves health issues. Restaurants and stores where the public frequents, in my opinion is no place for animals of any kind. Such examples, when I was in Home Depot there was two chocolate labs in the shopping cart slobbering all over the cart. I am for people that love animals but, to take them into a restaurant where I am eating is not gonna work for me. There is a first watch up in Ocala that experienced somebody bringing a pony into the restaurant and said it was for her emotional support. I'm sorry we need to get real about this. I would have walked out of the place not caring what stage I was in the meal and never to come back.
Emotional support animals do NOT have protected status under the law. No business is required to allow them to stay.

Rule is:
You can ask IF the animal is a service animal.
You can ask what services that animal is trained to perform.

You can't ask what it is trained to do "for you." Just what it's trained to do, as part of them being a service animal.

If the owner says "emotional support" then you can toss them out.

If the owner says "it is trained to detect oncoming seizures" you can't toss them out.