View Single Post

Old 02-09-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Oh my! Oh deah! Oh deah! I hope that rumor that went around here a decade or so ago is not back.

First, I will tell you what those loofahs really mean. AND THEN I will tell you what used to be said — but only if you promise not to believe that scandalous rumor:

Those loofahs are truly and merely to indicate where the car is parked.

I don’t have a loofah on my car. But as the owner of a white car with Florida plates, I can tell you that not paying perfect attention to where I had parked has caused me to end up pushing my grocery cart aimlessly through Publix parking lot, while trying to look confident — like I know whereinthehell I parked that Honda.

BUT somehow, somewhere, a long time ago, a rumor was started that said those loofah’d cars belonged to swingers, swappers, a key-party group. Not true. I have NEVER once seen anything unseemly in the backseats of those cars.

That salacious loofah rumor went around about the same time as the one that said to never wear red shoes while sitting at an outside bar in TV or people would think you were a hooker. (That rumor was so long ago that Brownwood had not even been built yet and LSL City Fire had a different name.)

All righty then, now, I have cleared all that up. Aren’t you glad you asked.
I am always astounded how outsiders believe all these ignorant rumors that get created by jealous people (mostky outside haters) and it’s shocking how people gossip all over the country about our community!!! Why don’t people have common sense that if it sounds totally rediculous, than how can it be true??? ... I never fell for any rumors about TV! Lots dumb people in our society! The hateful liar political forum is proof of the mass unintelligence!!! I try not to get angry about dumb humans anymore! 🤦*♀️