View Single Post

Old 02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Golf carts are not ALLOWED to exceed 20mph even if they can, even in an area where the speed limit is 25, if their cart is not street legal. Most carts are not street legal. Most carts can't go 20MPH unless they've been modified - they usually come with a top speed of 18mph.

Rental golf carts are set at 16mph max.

If you want to behave like speedy gonzalez and that extra 2mph is a deal-breaker for you, then street-legalize your golf cart and drive in the main traffic lane - and get off the golf cart paths entirely.
Actually street legal carts are permitted on the GC paths aka MMP's as well as on the golf course (with proper tires of course). They are also permitted in the diamond lanes according to The Sherrif's office who spoke at our club early last year. The MMP info is posted right on the VCCD website and specifically approved by TV attorneys. I carry a printout of the letter in my cart so when Mr. Know-It-All pulls up next to me on the MMP with his blinker still blinking for the last 3 miles, and shakes his stinky cigar in my face and tells me I shouldn't be there (true story) I just hand him a copy and smile and drive off.

EDIT: Also, according to the Sheriff's office speaker there is no "specific speed limit" for the diamond lanes other than the LEGAL limitations of the type of cart (20) or LSV (25).