View Single Post

Old 02-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I tried a few years ago, but let's do it again with 2018 data from the CDC and Florida Dept. of Health:

Chlamydia:

National rate: 539.9 cases/100K population
Florida rate: 499.0 cases/100K population
Sumter Co. rate: 186.6 cases/100K population

True chlamydia capital of the US----St. Louis , Mo. with 1283 cases/100K population

Gonorrhea:

National rate: 179.1 cases/100K population
Florida rate: 156.0 cases/100K population
Sumter Co. rate: 85.0 cases/100K population

True GC capital of the US----Montgomery Co., Alabama----563.0 cases/100K population

I couldn't find data specific to TV alone, but given the average age of the population vs. the surrounding areas, it is likely the rates in TV are even lower than Sumter Co. as a whole.

End of myth.
It's difficult to find a lot of statistics on The Villages because not many are actually kept. Stats are kept for Sumter County, Marion County, Lake County, Lady Lake, Wildwood and now Fruitland Park and other town that the Villages occupies but not for the Community Development District.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.