View Single Post

Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM
n/a

TALKHOST....the rule you stated is just plain common sense and should be respected.

The reason I posted on this thread is two fold. Someone eary in the thread mentioned a "clique" and also mentioned about how perhaps a political forum was a bad idea.

Well, yes there is a "clique" but they are like the bullies we all recall from grade school, which I mention only to support those who have said that and been the victim of the same folks in some order following each other to attack.

More importantly the political forum does not cause bad manners. I have been discussing politics in one manner or another for years, and enjoy even heated discussions giving and taking. Yes, as someone once said, you dont change anyones mind, but you develop your mind this way. You may not convince me to change my mind but you may show me a different way to look at issues.

It does not have to ever get personal...oh, if someone makes it that way, not matter how hard you try you find yoruself responding.

Problem with political discussion is that folks who know very little about anything will go for the personal stuff....shoe color, etc and simply throw out small snippets with no link or backup to show that they ate least researched what they have to say and allow the others to read what they read IN CONTEXT.

I guess the bottom line of my wordy post is that I totally support your rule, imagine any fair minded person also does, hope you enforce it and thank you for this opportunity !