View Single Post

Old 02-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
You are correct, in the long run the trend is indisputable. But for people our age, the long run is right now and our golfing opportunities are getting seriously diluted by the rapid expansion without new golf. I am not priority (does not make financial sense for a part timer) and recently had three friends from up North come visit. Try to get a T-Time in the winter for a foursome consisting of a non-priority resident and three resident guests, good luck with that. Besides very early in the AM, or at the end of the PM wave when there might not be enough light to finish the round, I could not get a T- Time despite the cost of $286 for the foursome. I can always sneak out as a single and join others, but when you can’t even get a T-time when guests visit is just not right. Four years ago, before the expansion, my same group of friends came down and we had no problem getting T-times. At least this year when my friends visited, it got really cold out by Villages standards, so we were able to get out because of all the cancellations.
What am I missing?
Today is Tuesday and I looked for open t-time for Thursday.
Between 7:22 and noon, there are 108 foursome tee times.
Doesn't make any difference the make up of the foursome, priority, resident or guest.
I don't see the problem...………………...