View Single Post

Old 02-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Default Sounds like a pipe leak in your slab.

I am not a plumber but I have owned a house on a slab that had several leaks in the pipes contained in/underneath the slab and that is what your situation sounds like. You probably have a leak under the slab in another room but the water is going through the pea gravel and coming up in a slab crack in your bedroom. There will likely be a plumber in your area with the specialized equipment needed to detect slab leaks. Here in Indiana the fee for slab leak detection is around $150 then you have to hire a plumber to fix the leak. Now opinions vary but my experience has been that if you have one slab leak you will probably have more in the coming years. I hope for your sake this is not what you have because it’s a very expensive repair and if you do have a slab leak the only full proof way to avoid future slab leaks is to replumb your home with PEX tubing in the attic above your ceiling. That will cost you between $5,000 and $10,000. Of course if you have an island sink in your kitchen you won’t be able to completely bypass the water pipes in the slab.