View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
Anyone else have this situation? A few weeks ago I had a wet patch in the center of my master bedroom carpeting. Not even close to the windows or walls. Last night it happened again in a different area. Not a pet stain. No odor, just clean water. I have a frame house (Camelia) with vinyl siding it is about 15 years old. I have gutters around the entire house. Today we had a professional inspection. He tested various areas of the room penetrating the carpet with a special tool. He found evidence of water beyond the normal amount to expect. Apparently concrete always has a slight moisture presence. He inspected the exterior of the house and the windows. Then he pulled back the carpeting and, it appears the water is seeping in from cracks in the concrete. I had planned on replacing the carpeting sometime with wood but now not sure that is a safe choice.
I would be just sick if we had water leaking in, in the middle of the floor & not close to any windows or shower or sink. Personally I wouldn’t bandaid fix it by putting plastic down because the cracks in the floor will still be there & probably continue to leak. You got to find out why you have a leak coming through a crack. It would be terrible to bandaid fix it & latter find out you have a sink hole starting or water building up putting so much pressure on your foundation it’s cracking the concrete. If you don’t have wet spots leadings from any water sources, it’s probably leaking under the foundation. Boy it doesn’t sound like a cheap fix! I wouldn’t want to guess at the issue unless I had this issue myself. Just hope you don’t have a sink hole starting under your home. Good luck & hope you don’t have to spend lots of money fixing it.