View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 01:59 PM

My question is: what roads does the developer pay for and what roads are the counties responsibility?

My assumption, but I do not know for certain, is that the developer initially paid for the "infrastructure" (infra- means within) which includes among many things, all the roads WITHIN a new village. The home owner's bond then paid for the "infrastructure" within their village through annual payments rather than have each home owner pay for the "infrastructure" by having his/her share added to the cost of their lot. Developers always recoup their costs someway.

My assumption, which may be wrong, is that the county (us taxpayers) then paid for improvements and repair to the regional county roads which includes 468, 501, 466A, 466, Warm Springs road, etc, and the repaving of Morse and Buena Vista, and part of 466A. These regional roads are available and used by many people, villagers and non-villagers alike. IMHO, the cost of maintenance, repairs, and improvements of these roads was not the responsibility of the developer, but was the responsibility of the county. Poor planning on the part of the county meant the significant property tax increase, rather than a smaller increase over past years to accumulate a "rainy day fund."