View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Platinum member
Default First year taxes are higher because of homesteading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
OK I been reading these posts since they started. I've posted before on the topic. I just pulled up my tax bill since 2009 when we moved here. My taxed with the increase this year are still $51 dollars less then my first years tax bill. Yea I know it's an increase big whop $213 dollars more than my lowest year of 2016 and $213 dollars more than last year. Stop with the 25% increase that would have been $610 dollars then I have something to complain about. Every year more & more things are being added & upgraded that's why we moved here period. A tax increase which is costing me 1 beer a week out more is not an increase period. Yea maybe certain people have been in office to long that's what elections are for but I think and I know I'm going to get beat on for saying this it's a hell of a lot better & 100 times cheaper.
You cannot get a homestead to be in the first tax bill. It isn’t figured in until the second year. So your tax bill from year one doesn’t compare to year two if you homestead and have movedfrom another home that was homesteaded.

Last edited by starflyte1; 02-12-2020 at 08:27 PM.