View Single Post

Old 02-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Default Warranty Contracts = Inconvenience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Lack of hot water , lack of cold refrigerator things we think a phone call will fix quickly is not always the case in the Villages. My case we had no working refrigerator for over a week. Bought into one of those fix all contracts. They came in two days. Took another 3 to get part. All set. No. Said it was two other parts another 4 days. Finally fixed I hope. Not going to do contract again.
I agree that Warranty Contracts are a pain, used to be “don’t buy a Warranty” that is no longer the case. Appliances are no longer built to last beyond 5-7 years. What happened to saving the planet? I did not buy a Warranty on a LG French Door/Bottom Freezer refrigerator. Within 2 years, the compressor went out, which was covered by Mfg Warranty. You HAVE to call LG & use “their repair companies” $650 labor costs. I pitched such a fit that LG sent me $250. Two years later, the Sealed System leaked out all the Freon. I was over dealing with LG, so I set my ‘Pig w/lipstick’ at the curb w/a RIP sign & it was picked up by a ‘scrapper’ within the hour. So, within 4 years LG cost me $2,600 initial purchase, $650 labor( LG sent me $250 compensation), two different repair companies $80 each to learn they “don’t replace compressors” “they don’t replace sealed systems”
#ridiculous