View Single Post

Old 02-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
When the cops set up, they're usually a little further up on Baileys Trail by Cane Garden. They park by the pump house near the first hole on Allamanda nine. Back in December they were set up all along that area for a week or two. I dialed my cart back a couple of years ago, I had it sped up for about five years. I found it didn't really make that big a deal taking five minutes more to get somewhere. Think about it, if you have an accident do you want to risk your insurance being voided.

As Chatbrat said, it's expensive. It's not a speeding ticket, since you're no longer operating in the state of Florida prescribed as a golf cart, you'll given a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle. Since you're going over 20mph, they consider you should been licensed. I believe the final tally will be about $450 in costs. You'll have to get a letter from a licensed mechanic that your cart was dialed back to to cart speed. You'll need to go to court in Bushnell and if you make the mistake up showing up in shorts, even at 10am, your case will be pushed to the end of the day, about 4:30.

This was in the Villages News online paper. Serious accident first week of the year 2020 in the Village of Winifred. A 70 year old villager drove in front of an SUV, he had to be airlifted to Ocala Regional. They write, the sheriff's office said there were 29 golf cart crashes in the Sumter County portion of The Villages in the final quarter of 2019. Eighteen tickets were issued that same quarter to golf cart operators.

The Villages Florida
I drove past this accident just after it happened. It was on the street shortcut just past Palmer CC that most people take to go to Glenview or Nancy Lopez. There must have been 10 police cars there and the street was closed. I knew it was serious.