Thread: Solar Panel
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2020, 10:19 AM

We installed solar panels on our house in Key Largo in 2018. As soon as it was active, we started getting credits on our electric bill each month instead of paying (averaged at least $200 in that all-electric house that needs A/C year-round). Now we're selling that house to be full time in The Villages, so unless we make the balance back in the sale, no, we won't get our investment back. But I'm okay with that. When I was arguing with my hubby about putting in the solar, he was in the process of buying a boat...that coincidentally cost roughly what the solar panels did. I said he could consider the solar "my boat," since it was important to me. (I want to leave a livable planet for my grandchildren, if possible!) Unlike his boat, my "boat" is paying for itself! (And now he's selling that boat, less than 3 years later, and I guarantee he won't get what he paid, especially when you factor in the $ he's put into it since buying it.) We all have different priorities and dying with the most money possible isn't one of mine. <shrug>

Last edited by Silver Streak; 02-15-2020 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo