View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 06:13 AM
Default Cruise length ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
You never really know how long your cruise will be, just ask the nearly four thousand people trapped on the quarantined cruise ship right now off the coast of Japan.
There are over 300 cruise ships. 2 currently have problems. Don't worry.

take a seven day cruise. Everyone I have personally have known has taken shorter than 7 wished they had listened and took the 7 day cruise. Also older ships are used for shorter cruises. If you go on a 3 or 5 day cruise I would love to be there on your last night asking "don't you wish you had just a couple more days".

My choice for boarding is to wait until the last hour to board just because I hate to wait in lines.
If you arrive early you have long lines but once you finally get on board you will have a few more hours to look around, eat and explore the ship.

I personally like the inside cabins to save money and use for sightseeing. Although I have stayed in balcony maybe 6 times and inside maybe 12 times. What are you going to do in the room? If you are like most you will sleep, shower, get dressed and spend the rest of the day enjoying the other activities on the ship. Maybe you are going on the cruise to spend the days on a 25-30 sq. ft. area looking at the water, but I don't think so. I have trouble justify the extra 300 to 500 for maybe 1/2 hour a day to sit in a chair in a private 8 foot wide space then the ship is full of areas with recliners with a much better views. That's like a extra $100 for each days morning coffee. No thanks. If you stay in a inside be aware it will be completely dark when the lights are off.

Last edited by GoodGuysAir; 02-16-2020 at 06:19 AM.