View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I rented the original 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Swedish movie version when it came out in 2009 because I had heard so much about the books. It was excellent, gave it a 9 out of 10, you had your choice a dubbed voice or the original voice with sub-titles. When the American version directed by David Fincher, who normally turns out great movies, starring Daniel Craig was released, I saw it right away. Boy, was I disppointed, then I also rented the two follow-up movies in Swedish and they were also excellent. I noticed the other two books were not Americanized, I think most people felt the same as me, watch the original and forget about a remake in America.

Good and made a star of Noomi Rapace

The Villages Florida

OK, but not as good

The Villages Florida

In 1985 there was a Japanese film that was sort of like Parasite, it was called "Ran" and I never heard anything about it until the awards. It was nominated in 4 categories, it sounded intriguing. I looked all over Savannah for the VHS and finally had to get a copy from a store in Atlanta. It was excellent. Sub-titles only, but the action and the beauty of the film made it worth reading the titles. It was a war movie sort of like Gladiator with a lot of horseback riding, but with much color.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida