View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
The original poster gave a pretty good summary of it, which is in accordance with my understanding of the contract. Please re-read the original post.

You seem to always be asking others to do your research for you. You want details about the contract, go to the Sumter County website and start digging. Asking questions, and contributing no facts, allows you to divert attention from the issues raised by the original poster.

The central point is that the Developer's County Commissioners have offloaded what the Orlando Sentinel reported to be $186 million of road costs, caused by the Developer's massive expansion of The Villagers, on to the taxpayers of Sumter County. The Developer's County Commissioners did this instead of increasing the Developer's sweetheart impact fee. The details of the contract that you refer to are secondary. How about sticking to the central point instead of nitpicking?

No, I wish you would do your research and be educated with the facts.

You will learn, the reporting by OS is headline grabbing......may not be the entire story. There is a difference between existing county road work dollars and creating county roads for a developer. The county is responsible for improvements and upgrades to their existing roads.

I have the details of the Sumter County budget. Again.....educate yourself. The highlights are: The 2019/2020 budget increased from ~$200mil to ~$250mil. $14mil went to the General Fund for Fire/Policy/Admin/etc. as a result of the County's expansion.

The other big increase was in the Special Projects Fund. Special Project details start on page 19 of the approved budget. A lot of dollars are going to resurfacing projects and traffic management systems.

As far as the contract..................I've read it. Do yourself a favor and don't rely on random posters on the internet.

I have the facts. Learn the fact..............they will set you free!!