View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorrable1 View Post
Start with a 3 day, that's what I did. Don't get an outside cabin. Way too much motion. You want an inside cabin in the middle of the ship. Also get a prescription for a scopolomine patch.
Three day cruises are full of people who want to get away for a long weekend and drink. Not recommended.

My first was 5 days but I should have done 7. You can always fly home from one of the ports if you are miserable (unless you are on a transatlantic cruise which are normally longer than 7 days) but you won't be miserable. Cruising is wonderful.

If you book with a good travel agent they will match you up with a cruise line, ship, and itinerary that suit your interests and your budget. There are many cruise lines but they appeal to different groups.

k.

PS -- Half the people on cruise ships walk around with those patches on their necks and most of them have never been sea sick. They just FEAR that they might be. Those things give you blurred vision and extremely dry mouth. I do not recommend using one unless you have a history of motion issues. Even if you do, this is what I recommend to my clients. Most remedies must be used prior to feeling sick. ReliefBand can be turned on after symptoms appear and it eliminates them. I won't cruise without mine.

ReliefBand: Robot Check

Last edited by kathyspear; 02-16-2020 at 06:23 PM.