View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 08:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
No, I wish you would do your research and be educated with the facts.

You will learn, the reporting by OS is headline grabbing......may not be the entire story. There is a difference between existing county road work dollars and creating county roads for a developer. The county is responsible for improvements and upgrades to their existing roads.

I have the details of the Sumter County budget. Again.....educate yourself. The highlights are: The 2019/2020 budget increased from ~$200mil to ~$250mil. $14mil went to the General Fund for Fire/Policy/Admin/etc. as a result of the County's expansion.

The other big increase was in the Special Projects Fund. Special Project details start on page 19 of the approved budget. A lot of dollars are going to resurfacing projects and traffic management systems.

As far as the contract..................I've read it. Do yourself a favor and don't rely on random posters on the internet.

I have the facts. Learn the fact..............they will set you free!!

So, what is the correct figure, in your estimation, as to how much Sumter County will spend in roads due to The Villages new sprawl? You don't seem to have a clue. Why do you think we just had the big tax increase, or are you going to allege that that is a figment of my imagination?

You seem to forget, as I explained before, all the roads will not be built in 2020. Do you have a better number than the Orlando Sentinel's $186 million? In fairness to you, the exact number is hard to come by, but I will trust the number of a professional journalist, as opposed to the vague numbers that you are throwing around.

You do notice that the County Commission did not correct the figure used in the Orlando Sentinel, which the Commission clearly would have been aware of. Had the Orlando Sentinel's number been wrong, one would think that the Commission would have corrected it.

But, despite your smoke blowing, the exact number is not the real issue. The real issue is: Why did the County Commissioners preserve the Developer's sweetheart impact fee and impose a massive tax hike on the residents to pay for Developer-caused infrastructure? Do you have an answer for that question? (Actually, the answer as to "why" is pretty obvious.)

To help you understand better what is going on, read the editorial about The Villages growth and the Developer's "puppet" County Commissioners in today's issue of the on-line newspaper. Once you understand, perhaps you will join the movement to clean up the County Commission.

Last edited by Advogado; 02-16-2020 at 09:12 PM.