View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchme54 View Post
I have lived in the Villages full time for 18 months. I am not a priority member and have played several Championship courses paying the necessary green fees. Being an avid golfer, I have taken numerous guys to a golf mecca in Myrtle Beach with over a 100 courses. Green fees with cart, including lunch and beer usually runs between $35 and $60 dollars. In over ten years of going to Myrtle Beach, we have never had an issue with bad conditions on any of the courses. Since most of us living here who play golf, we all have a sense of the seasonal conditions necessary to maintain the courses, including sanding, punching, fertilizing and maintenance. All you have to do is ask the question prior to paying your green fees, is the course in good shape? If the response is not, just say I do not desire to play a course not in decent shape. Most courses outside of the Villages even go so far as to discount green fees if certain conditions exist at time of play. I call that professional integrity. If we ask the question enough times and get the proper answer, I would think we would see a better set of conditions on the courses. Remember, there is power in numbers.
Course maintenance information can be found here, very good source.
Golf The Villages

Last edited by bagboy; 02-16-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Being helpful