View Single Post

Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
There has been lots of talk about the need for repairs, updates, etc. to the building. Is this an actual fact? Or, is this in the same category as "the bridge over Lake Sumter is sinking" (not true, but enough people say it that is taken as fact by many)?
Keeping restaurants running and open is a tricky business and requires so much dedication and hard work that fewer people are willing to commit to that life.... Also, I believe as areas in The Villages often have similar age groups, we see a drop in the older areas to come out and eat and drink and support the local "country club restaurants".

The developer's business plan was to build and often establish and run restaurants and then lease them to other people to run. This has met with a mixed bag of failure and success for the very reason that it is hard to keep a restaurant alive.

Does anyone know who footed the bill for the recent redecorating of Cane Garden? Was it the business who runs it or the developer who owns the building?

I think we need to understand the complexities of running a restaurant where we have enormous crowds for three months out of the year. What do you do with the help during the quiet season? It looks to me that it requires the same money skills that running our personal finances do, but saving money for the bad times is not everyone's skill.