View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Amazing.

How about “change” your expectations, rather than “lower” them. Your music tastes aren’t superior to others’ here in TV, just different.
Thank you both Polar and Wolf. Fair expression of your view on my choice of words. I chose "lower my expectation" not because I think my taste is superior but because my expectation was "high" as in great or big, referring to the scale of the expectation. Like "high hopes."

And I'll frankly feel a sense of accomplishment if I'm able to do so considering one of the reasons I moved to the Villages was to enjoy free live music in three locations every day of the year *hoping and expecting* that music would be sufficiently satisfying. I realize now that I won't usually be sufficiently satisfied, but I'll settle for decent music (instead of incredible music) oftentimes being played repetitively. For me, any music is better than no music.

And on reflection, I realize now that Mustang Sally, Brown Eyed Girl and Play That Funky Music White Boy are played incessantly because, I'm guessing, most people don't visit the Squares on a regular basis so they don't hear the same music over and over and over again.