View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 10:58 AM
Default Gutter size dilemma

TOV is full of great info on contractors to install gutters. From all that info I have a list of 6 contractors. So finding someone to install them is not an issue.
The problem I am having is mixed reccomendations on what size gutters to install. From all the postings I have read I found nothing on gutter size installed. The two sizes to chose from is 5" or 6".
I would appreciate some feedback from fellow homeowners who have either the 5" or the 6" gutters installed and if you have the 6" reasons for going the larger size.

I want to eliminate if possible one of the downspouts that would drain water across entry sidewalk. I know i could have a catchbasin installed but is that necessary? Would a larger size gutter eliminate that need?

Also of importance is how does the house look for apperance if a 6" gutter is used. Does using the larger gutter affect how the house looks?

I plan to drive around and look to see if I can spot 5" and 6" gutters to see how they look on the house.
But I think your information the Villagers of TOV with any pros or cons for both sizes would help not only me but any others with this same dilemma of gutter size.
I hope to hear feedback back from the people of The Villages not a contractor wanting to sell me their gutters.