View Single Post

Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 AM

I am an the owner/technician for Good Guys Air Conditioning and resident of LaBelle here in the villages with just over 40 years experience as a technician. There are many people here that have made a comment if you keep your air-conditioning on and set to 80 it will control the humidity within the home. That advice is correct.
There is also a couple comments about most carrier thermostats have a humidity setpoint that will actually over cool the space if humidity setpoint gets excited. The only comment I would add to that is that it’s not most carrier thermostats it is certain models but not all. I chose to replace mine with one that connects to the internet so I can be alerted if there is a problem.

Before moving to the villages I had a home I used for vacation in the Tampa area. For the last five years I kept the thermostat at 80° and experienced a humidity reading of between 40 and 50% all summer. The home was built in the late 70s and was notNearly as well as the homes here in the villages. If you keep the Internet on why you’re not here I would certainly recommend a thermostat that will monitor and alert you if there is an issue with either humidity or temperature exceeding your setpoint. If you have any questions you can contact me directly.