View Single Post

Old 02-20-2020, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I got sick of Comcast raising my bill without notice so I dropped everything but the Internet service and started streaming via Roku. Then I got my Internet bill this month and it went up $3.00 and I decided to find something else. They had sold me on 200Mbps Internet and have never delivered on it, maxing out at 150Mbps and now 135Mbps. They called me and asked if I would like their fiber with 600Mbps for a "special" deal and I asked them how they planned to do that if they can't even get me the 200Mbps that I am paying for. They said that the 200 was the max, not the guarantee speed. I asked them why they charged for different speeds if the only speed is a little over a 100Mbps and they couldn't answer.
Funny thing is that when I dropped off my cable TV equipment to their store, the clerk told me that he used Roku. The tech that I talked to on line for support told me that he was using Roku and streaming and the cable tech that was installing cable on the golf course, told me he streams his TV. Comcast lost almost a million customers last year because of their raising their rates.
I found a deal on the Internet for Centurylink fiber for $65 a month, for up to 960Mbps, free installation and free modem/router. I signed up for it to see if it is any good. If it works, I will be paying ten bucks less for less that I get with Comcast. If it doesn't work out, then I can keep my Comcast service.
By the way, cable and sat TV and Internet services charge $20-25 in fees and taxes that they do not tell you about when they make you supposed great offers. You do not pay all those fees when you stream.