Thread: Mallory Golf
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I do not understand how some of you can defend the at times terrible conditions of these courses. Are you so afraid of criticism of your holy place? The fact is not to have to go to other places, it is to get these courses playable. We do pay money for them they are not free. They make a great amount of money off of these courses paid by us. They should be better. Maybe you like to be taken advantage of Not me. Yes we are going off campus a little more not that it will make any difference to owners. As long as people continue to defend these mediocre tracks nothing will change. Ask any 100 golfers if they would travel 1/2 hour to play these courses and yuo can guess the answer. Convenience plain and simple, that's what they sell. Not price, not conditions. They have a captive audience . Finally as for expense, the Villages golf is no longer a bargain. Many golf courses in area little cheaper and far better conditions. Luckily for Villages Julliette Falls isn't a 1/2 hour closer or none of my groups would play here. Some of you are satisfied to be ripped off some of us get upset. I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours
Thank you, a commonsense post. For the life of me I cannot figure out why people are so accepting of poor golf conditions on The Villages. To be honest what I think is many people are not really accepting of the poor golf conditions but they don’t want to travel to play golf at better golf courses even though it may be cheaper. And the villages knows they have a captive crowd so they do what they can get away with. And it’s pretty clear to me that there are people posting on talk of the villages that are aligned with the villages in someway so the responses can be skewed in favor of TV.

Last edited by Love2Swim; 02-21-2020 at 05:33 AM.