View Single Post

Old 02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
Someone told me the state is thinking of making the turnpike 6 lanes. So holding off on the permit for the bridge. This could be bogus, don't know. But no information from the builder leads me to believe something isn't going right.
I live in Fenney. I would like to drive my cart to a championship course. So, yes I can go to a championship course and get a free cart rental. But don't show up too late in the day or you're forcing the golf staff to stay late. They don't like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Online news had an article about road improvements and had an attachment with all of the road projects. A few of the projects is widening the turnpike from 4 to 6 lanes from 301 to 470. So, that could be a big issue if the developer bridge isn’t long enough to cover all 6 lanes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The possibility of widening the area where the bridge was to be built would have most certainly come up during the planning/approval process...somehow!!!
Typically, widening from 4 to 6 lanes is done by adding a left lane in each direction. This is the current median which is already owned by the highway authority. This would not affect the length of the span that the bridge will cross over. but it might delay the permitting process.