View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know this. When someone as smart as you lives here a little longer and sees the bigger picture and begins to really sift all of the details you will change your tune.

The man is just doing business and doing it well and successfully and if he didn't do it someone else would and not as well and successfully. He appears not to need to feather his own nest. He does appear to continue to want to work and in so doing keeps this place thriving and the economy humming.

Not a thing wrong I can see.
Thanks to the Developer's puppets on the County Commission, every time you pay your county taxes, you are, in reality, writing a check to the Developer for the amount of your recent tax increase. This will go on for year after year, with the amount of that check increasing annually as your assessed value increases. It will total thousands of dollars after a few years.

You are either oblivious to this abuse, or you are okay with it. Many of us are neither.

I personally would not have minded a significant tax increase if the revenue were going to firefighters, sheriff's deputies, and teachers. It is not. It is going into the Developer's pocket in order to preserve his sweetheart impact fee. This is cronyism and corporate welfare at its worst. It is time to clean up the Sumter County Commission.

Last edited by Advogado; 02-21-2020 at 08:38 AM.