View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 08:46 AM

Billethkid:

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
WOW!

We have many friends that have a common denominator. They say "...they hate what the developer has done to TV..."

Any place worth visiting or attending or shopping or eating, etc. is going to be busy. What percent of the daily life routine is affected because TV is getting bigger? For most of us, most days....not much!!

As I have stated many times before...when we built our home 16 years ago the population was less than 35,000 and 466 (not 466 A) was just completed to 4 lanes. Buena Vista only open to the Arnold Palmer circle....no Arnold Palmer CC yet....no Lake Sumter Landing...No Home Depot...no Target shopping center...no Kohls shopping center....most of the larger restaurant did not exist...just to name a few.

Now the size of TV is about 4 times as big....with much more to offer. The expansion that is taking place South of 466 A and SR 44 have no affect on how we live our lives on a daily basis.

Everything is relative to one's expectations. For example;
Phoenix, AZ 50 years ago was smaller than TV is today!!!
Phoenix as measured in 2018? 1,660,272.....and still growing.

I accept what has come with the growth here in TV...as it has made TV life style even better. Are there some negatives? Of course. More than half of which go away with a little planning and patience.

If we were coming in for the first time today....we would still choose TV....for the same reasons we did in 2003. It was the best option of all we looked at (including several not in FL).

There is no right or wrong....to each his own.

Growth in central FL was and continues to be inevitable.
I think we are fortunate that our surroundings and growth nearby are done and controlled by the "developer".