View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 04:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
I don't like much of anything that George Soros is doing, but when he makes political contributions, he is not doing making those contributions so that the politicians will line his pockets by favoring him with a sweetheart impact fee and helping him massively expand his empire.

But you and I do agree-- this is not Collier County. The Developer in Sumter County is, thanks to the County Commissioners he has put in office, paying 1/20 the impact fee he would pay in Collier County and about 1/3 of what other builders in Sumter County pay. You, I, and the other Sumter County taxpayers are making up for the shortfall through our tax increase.

Impact fees are designed, and used throughout Florida, so the developers pay the cost of the new infrastructure they necessitate. That is not happening in Sumter County. The existing taxpayers are paying for it, with the Developer pocketing the savings.
I've seen/heard others make this statement. Can someone please explain to me how a company can "put" county commisioners into office. They are elected by the voting residents of the county. Are you saying that the election process was corrupted by "the Developer"?