View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynEvagash View Post
Morse Blvd. in Spanish Springs needs help with the popular expansion yet all needs are going to the new development area only. Traffic is outrageous and so dangerous for golf carts. Morse needs to have a separate golf cart path and a tunnel by the 466 gate. But no, they just build another golf cart bridge over Rt. 44. For what? To bring them into the Brownwood small center? Are TV residents funding this? Let's get the developer to fix what is broken first.
We've lived here 10 yrs and use Morse on a regular basis...though we don't live north of 466. I agree that traffic is dense and if "the developer" had had a crystal ball to look into the future they'd have designed things along Morse differently. I just traveled the length of it from 466a to 441/27 yesterday and traffic ALL over was crazy dense. I notice folks not paying attention as well as being impatient. People both in their golf carts and vehicles do crazy, idiotic things. I don't "get" the going out around a golf cart (over the center line) to pass them when they're clearly in their own diamond path. That said, I also don't "get" golf cart drivers straddling their line while in the diamond path or weaving over it. There are many behaviors we all can observe but that said...just pay attention to what you, yourself is doing and you will be fine. As for putting "special attention" to the new part(s)...I only see some of that as improvements. Do you remember when North Morse was worked on about 8 or 9 yrs ago? THAT was a night-mare. IF there was an easement for making a safe golf-cart path I'm sure that we'd have single-lane traffic and NO golf-cart traffic going on there for months. I would suggest---maybe plan your trips accordingly, take your time as well as a deep breath and just relax in your retirement years.