View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 08:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynEvagash View Post
Morris Blvd. in Spanish Springs needs help with the popular expansion yet all needs are going to the new development area only. Traffic is outrageous and so dangerous for golf carts. Morris needs to have a separate golf cart path and a tunnel by the 466 gate. But no, they just build another golf cart bridge over Rt. 44. For what? To bring them into the Brownwood small center? Are TV residents funding this? Let's get the developer to fix what is broken first.
The developer is nobody's rich uncle who's promised to take care of your every need. It's not the developers responsibility or problem, that all now belongs to the County to address and maintain.

Once the county owns the road, regardless of who originally built it, it is their to maintain alone and expand as needed to carry any additional traffic that may result form additional development that they approve. These are the earmarks for the impact fees and county property taxes we all pay.

The developer has no responsibility or obligation to go back to any area that's completed and do more. There was no preternatural wet-nurse clause in your home sale contract. Many in the norther part of The Villages feel the developer has abandoned them. No, they've done their job, sold their properties, and have moved on; if you want anything else now you have to go to the local government. That would be your CDD or the County and be prepared to open you wallet and wake up to the real world.

Let me put it another way. Tomorrow, in the mail, you will receive a letter from the person who bought your previous home 5, 10, or 15 years ago, take your pick, when you moved to The Villages. In their letter they are demanding that you now fix the roof that is leaking, since you built the home you must therefore be forever responsible for it. They also demand that you now install a pool, because their family has grown and their children want one. How do you respond to this letter? I laugh at mine and feed it to the shredder. How do you think the developer reacts to the demands to build more amenities or widen-fix roads? Pretty much the same.

What's broken outside of what they own isn't their problem. Who's paying for the bridges? Easy, it's part of the bonded infrastructure going in in the new CDDs, nobody north of SR44 is paying anything for it, the residents of CDD13 will pay for the bridges as a component of their bond.

I love living in our little bubble, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten, like many, how the real world still works.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776